New Hartford Cotton Manufactoring
Two views of the old cotton mill, called the "New Hartford Manufacturing Society" that was situated about where the high school bus garage is located. It was incorporated on March 30,1810 by Frank Stanley, Richard Sanger, Jacob Sherrill, John Eames, Amos Hull and Joseph Kirkland. Buildings were erected in 1815 and a wheelhouse around 1834. A stone addition was erected in 1837. Following the Civil War it was incorporated under the name "New Hartford Manufacturing Company". On November 23, 1832 this building was destroyed by fire. The brick structure pictured below right was erected following that fire. In later years this factory manufactured paper and it also burned in the 1940's.