This was the second home Jedediah Sanger built in 1810. Sanger's home faced the village green; on the top floor he established a Masonic Lodge where the members met for several years. He lived there until 1850 when it was sold to John McClean, along with the nearby grist mill on the Sauquoit Creek. In 1924 the property, at Genesee street and Oxford road, was sold to the Masons of New Hartford including the house in which the Amicable Lodge 664, was born. The price paid for the property was $25,000. It has' a frontage of 158 feet on Genesee street and of 160 feet on Oxford road.
The land was once the property of George Washington and the house was one of the famous homes of this region. The deed is signed by John M. MacLean, as one of the owners and as executor of two wills, and by about a dozen others living in this and three other states.
Ultimately the lodge razed the house and constructed a modern style brick building on the property.