One of the village's stateliest homes, was built by George W. Chadwick Sr. in 1881 for his family, which included his wife; a son, George W. Jr., and a daughter, Mrs. Lucy Chadwick Evans.
The 18-room house was a five-story building. There were living rooms on the first floor, bedrooms on the second floor, servants' quarters on the third and two other tower rooms, one above other, which were known as nursery rooms for the children. There were three marble fire places and four brick chimneys.
The Chadwick Home was gutted by fire on the evening of February 3, 1962. The home was demolished in 1965.