Chadwicks Railroad Station
The Station as it appeared in 1908
Constructed in 1908 by the Delaware-Lackawana and Western rail line, the station, on Elm Street, was built to replace the old passenger station which was located nearby.
In 1950, the rail line gave up passenger service. Until the early 1980s, the station was leased by various businesses.
In 1987, Senator Donovan persuaded the property's new owner, the Delaware-Otsego Corporation to deed the station and the property to the Town of New Hartford. Donovan spearheaded a restoration program obtaining $70,000 in state funds to restore the building to its original charm. He also arranged for Mid-State Correctional Facility inmates to perform much of the work. When completed, the station was used as a community center until 2014.
The Station after restoration was completed in 1989.
Telegrapher Patrick J. Reilly (P.J.), and Station Master, Mr. Polly.