Willowvale Bleachery Clubhouse
In 1922 the Willowvale Bleachery Company built a clubhouse for its employees that consisted of a large auditorium, library, billiard tables and a bowling alley. Also at this time, the company purchased a Foamite-Childs Pumper and established a fire company. This was the only fire truck in the area until the Willowvale Fire Company was incorporated in 1950.
The Bleachery clubhouse hosted banquets, musical plays and meetings held by small organizations. This photo depicts one of the many musical and theatrical programs presented in the 1940s.